Hagia Sophia Art Contest
Presented by The High Council for Greek Education
Theme: Η Αγία Σοφία µου (My Hagia Sophia)
Deadline: Mailed artwork must be postmarked no later than, December 31, 2020
Prizes: There are three prizes in each of three age categories, nine prizes in all.
• Age categories are: 6-9 Years old: drawing, 9-11 Years old: drawing, sculpture, mosaic, 11-14 Years old: essay, poem or video
• The following prizes will be awarded in each age category: 1st place: $500, 2nd place: $250, 3rd place: $100
• His Eminence Archbishop Elpidophoros will honor all nine winners at the Annual Celebration of the Three Hierarchs, January 30, 2021.
Eligibility: The creator of the artwork must be a member in good standing of a Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America Parish.
• Artwork must address the given theme.
• Only flat media will be submitted now. All drawing pictures need to be accompanied with a small video of the art creator explaining his/her picture.
• All sculptures and mosaic need to be submitted on a recording/video from the creator showing and explaining his/her artwork. If the creation gets a price then the Office of Education will ask the creator to send the original artwork.
• Videos could be submitted electronically.
• Submissions must be entirely or essentially the artist’s original work. Found material such as bits of wallpaper, photographs or printed matter may be used, e.g., in a collage, but must be presented in an original way in the context of an essentially new composition.
• Submitted artwork incorporates the following text: Poster/picture size is 11” x 17”. Included behind the poster: Submitter Name, Submitter Address, Submitter email, Submitter Phone number.
• All entries, including digital artwork, MUST be submitted by mail/email. Artwork must be postmarked by December 31st, 2020. PLEASE MAKE A COPY OR TAKE A PICTURE
• A completed Entry Form MUST accompany the artwork.
• Artwork and Entry Forms filled out completely, signed must be mailed to:
Greek Orthodox Archdiocese Hellenic Cultural Center
ATTN: Anastasios Koularmanis
27-09 Crescent St,
Astoria, NY 11102